Our goal is to share with you the biggest and fattest comprehensive publication list containing only 100% xgfx material. Since we want to represent vegan with a capital V, we teetered over excluding books that contained any animal product whatsoever, but honestly–there are a few books that are mostly xgfx that are really great. So instead, we’re keeping to a 98% or better policy in regards to both animal ingredients and gluten. That way we can still let you know about great books, without subjecting anyone to cake recipes calling for 579 egg whites or wheat dust. Along the same lines, if a book calls for giant quantities of spendy maple syrup, manufactured egg replacer or specific brands of “all purpose gluten-free flour,” we’ll give you the heads up as well, since those books can be frustrating.
Hope that makes sense, and if you know a book we should include here please tell us about it! We might have reviews for some of these books so please check for links. Or, if you feel strongly about any of these titles and want to send us your review to post here, email us for details!
If you are a publisher and want us to review your xgfx reading material, feel free to contact us. We have a large squad of review readers standing by.
Please keep in mind, the lists on this page are not reviews or endorsements, but simply a compendium to help our readers find vegan and gluten-free resources.
- Allergen Free Baker’s Handbook – Cybele Pasca
- Ani’s Raw Food Desserts -Ani Phyo
- The Art of Gluten-Free Sourdough Baking -Sharon Kane (available in print or as PDF)
- Babycakes Covers the Classics Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes from Donuts to Snickerdoodles -Erin McKenna
- Clean Start – Terry Walters
- Crazy Sexy Diet Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark, and Live Like You Mean It -Kris Carr
- Everyday Raw Desserts -Matthew Kenney
- Gluten-Free Vegan Comfort Food -Susan O’Brien (not yet released)
- The Gluten-Free Vegan: 150 Delicious Gluten-free Animal-Free Recipes -Susan O’Brien
- Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats -Allyson Kramer (not yet released, but available for pre-order)
- Raw for Dessert–Easy Delights for Everyone -Jennifer Cornbleet
- Rawmazing Desserts -Susan Powers
- Scatter Vegan Sweets -Wendy Gabbe Day
- Sweet Gratitude: A New World of Raw Desserts -Matthew Rogers & Tiziana Alipo Tamborr
- Vice Cream: Over 70 Sinfully Delicious Dairy-Free Delights -Jeff Rogers
- The Virtuous Vegan: Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Cuisine -Dawn Gray PhD
- Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes -Kim Lutz & Megan Hart (May 2011 release)
- The Soy-Free Vegan: Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Cuisine -Dawn Grey
- Anti-Candida Feast-Holiday and Special Occasion Recipes -Ricki Heller
- Desserts Without Compromise -Ricki Heller [Reviewed Here!]
- Good Morning! Breakfasts Without Gluten, Sugar, Eggs or Dairy -Ricki Heller
- Papa Tofu Loves Ethiopian Food -Kittee Berns
- Allergy-Free Desserts: Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Soy-free and Nut-free Delights -Elizabeth Gordon (Note: honey throughout and the recipes calling for marshmallows contain gelatin.)
- The Divvies Bakery Cookbook: No Nuts. No Eggs. No Dairy. Just Delicious! -Lori Sandler (Note: a few recipes contains honey and the recipes calling for marshmallows contain gelatin.)
- Enjoy Life’s Cookies for Everyone: 150 Delicious Gluten-Free Treats that are Safe for Most anyone with Food Allergies, Intolerance, and Sensitivities -Leslie Hammond (Note: honey is liberally found throughout the recipes.) [Reviewed Here!]
- Flying Apron’s Gluten Free and Vegan Baking Book -Jennifer Katzinger (Note: several recipes call for honey and many require large quantities of maple syrup.)
- Gluten-Free and Vegan Holidays: Celebrating the Year with Simple, Satisfying Recipes and Menus -Jennifer Katzinger & Katherine Barnard (Note: several recipes call for honey and many require large quantities of maple syrup.)
- Lick it! -Cathe Olson (Note: a few recipes call for wheat flour.)
- The Gluten-Free Vegan Italian: Recipes From The New Dawn Kitchen -Dawn Grey (Note: some recipes contain honey.)
- The 100 Best Gluten-Free Recipes for your Vegan Kitchen -Kelly E. Keough (Note: some recipes contain honey.)
- Vietnamese Fusion –Vegetarian Cuisine -Chat Mingkwan (Note: this book is almost entirely gluten-free, especially if you sub wheat-free tamari for soy sauce. Only one recipe calls for Panko breadcrumbs, and two of the desserts call for wheat flour.)
- Vegan Candyland -Kelly Peloza
(Note: one recipe contains wheat flour)
Support vegan companies! Books appearing in green can be purchased from our friends at Herbivore.